Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Podcasts, way better than books on tape!

When I used to work in computer sales in Australia I had a crazy boss that used to subject me to audio tapes / cd's while we would drive in his car. Tony Robbins, Zig Ziggler and Tom Hopkins where all his favorites. He would tell me that this is the best way to learn when you are have no one annoying you and your mind kind absorb whats being said.

So it got me thinking most people these days put up with at least a half and hour commute to work every day, whether it be car, bus, train or bike. Generally I zone out and listen to the radio but I really get nothing out of it and the content is becoming increasingly, well crap. So following my old bosses advice I feel I could use my hour plus commute more effectively each day and i've decided to use Podcasts, my Ipod and the AUX jack on my car radio to broaden my knowledge and education in the field I work in. For those who don't know what a podcast is essentially its generally a free broadcast of audio or video that can be downloaded to your portable media player and then played back at your convenience. The content available via Podcasts is amazing, and grows everyday. They exist in just about every category or field of interest you can think of, and come in all shapes and sizes. :)

Here are a few of the podcasts I currently subcribe to:

Each night I dock my Ipod in my craddle, eat dinner and then return to see its filled with fresh brain food. I create my playlist for the following day and voila i'm all set "get my learn on". If I ever get tired of Podcasts, I can always switch to the vast array of audiobooks available on Itunes! :)

1 comment:

Elaine Vigneault said...

your blog has been added to 2kbloggers.com
have fun!