Thursday, May 24, 2007

Googles answer to directory assistance - voice local search

My wife used to call me all the time, as i'm in front of a computer most of the day I used to be her personal assistant and 411 operator, running searches on Google for a phone number or address depending on her request. You would be suprised how vague some of her details where! It seems finally relief is at hand.

Google have chalked up another first with the Google Voice Local Search. My wife and I have been using this service for more than 2 months now and i'm impressed. Simply dial 1-800-466-4411 (1-800-GOOG-411) and your asked by an automated voice "City and State", it verifies what you said then asks your business name or category, say that and you are presented with a list of results that match your description, it will then read you the address and either directly connect you via phone to the business or send you the results of your voice search via text SMS message to your cell phone.

Since giving my wife this number it has reduced 99.1% of her calls to me about running searches for businesses! So if you have a co-worker, significant other or even a mother that needs help tell them to give 1-800-GOOG-411 a try! I end this blog with a sigh of relief.

No comments: